- Download the latest firmware. Then unzip the downloaded firmware file.
- Plug your MicroSD card into your computer and save any dash cam footage you wish to keep.
- Format your MicroSD card in your computer.
PLEASE NOTE: This step will erase all the data on your memory card.
- Open the unzipped Firmware Folder, and copy all contents onto the MicroSD card.
- Insert the MicroSD card into your dash cam and power it on.
- Wait for the camera to announce, “Upgrade is now complete, continuous recording will now start.” Your dash cam LED lights should blink while the firmware upgrade is taking place.
– Do not power off your dash cam until it begins continuous recording, as it may cause permanent damage to the dash cam.
- Download the latest Speed Cam Data file. Then, unzip the downloaded Speed Cam Data file.
- The file name should resemble (smartguidepoint.dx2)
- Plug your MicroSD card into your computer.
- Open the unzipped Speed Cam Data file, and copy the “Smartguidepoint.dx2” file onto the ‘driveinfo’ folder. If the ‘driveinfo’ folder doesn’t exist in the root directory of your MicroSD card, please create one.
- The file patch should resemble [SD_ROOT]:/driveinfo/smartguidepoint.dx2
- Insert the MicroSD card into the dash cam unit.
- The device will start recording and operate with the latest Speed Cam Data
- If your country of residence is outside of Canada or the United States, please head to http://www.thinkware.com/support/download
- If you wish to disable the alerts altogether, please skip the steps above and delete the ‘driveinfo’ folder.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to update the speed cam data separately if you have already recently updated the firmware – the firmware upgrade process will update both for you!
- Download PC Viewer file for your corresponding operating system.
- Follow the installation steps.
- Once the download is complete, insert your memory card into your PC to automatically add video files to the playlist.
To manually add files, click File > Open, and select the files in your file browser.